Securing a coveted spot in the first page of search results is not easy. The rules of SEO are frequently updated, so marketers must constantly adjust their strategies to stay on top. Plus, an effective SEO strategy can consist of countless different components, which makes managing SEO campaigns even more challenging.
Because SEO is so difficult, it’s important to take all of the help you can get. This includes using SEO software for agencies to streamline your efforts. How can SEO software for agencies help your team? Which SEO software is right for your business? Here’s what you need to know:
What Tasks Can SEO Software for Agencies Perform?
Every SEO strategy may consist of dozens of different moving parts. Fortunately, SEO software for agencies is designed to perform many types of SEO tasks, including:
- Keyword Research
- Technical Audits
- Content Creation
- On-Page SEO
- Project Management
Knowing what keywords your target audience is searching for is crucial to the success of your SEO campaign. But this information can change at any given moment, which is why marketers use keyword research tools to stay on top of their target audience’s search behavior.
You can use keyword research tools to look up relevant short- and long-tail keywords, create and export keyword lists, and track keyword metrics. Manually performing keyword research could take hours, but your team can use a keyword research tool to complete this task in a matter of minutes.
Performing a technical audit is one of the most effective ways to identify SEO issues and opportunities on a client’s website. However, performing a technical audit manually can take days or even weeks depending on the number of pages on the client’s site. This is why it’s best to use an SEO automation tool to improve the process.
SEO audit tools can crawl a client’s site to look for issues that need to be addressed to improve their ranking. Once the audit is complete, the tool will present a list of errors, issues, and recommendations.
One of the keys to climbing to the top of the search results is consistently creating high quality, optimized content. This includes blogs, videos, infographics, white papers, e-books, and other forms of content.
But managing the creation of all of this content can be overwhelming. Creating content involves multiple parties, including writers, editors, graphic designers, and clients. Manually keeping track of the status of each piece of content is a hassle. To streamline this process, marketers can use SEO content creation software.
SEO strategies must incorporate on-page SEO efforts. This includes tactics such as optimizing meta descriptions, headers, titles, URLs, image alt text, and anchor text. This information must be optimized on every page of your client’s website, and some clients may have hundreds of pages on their site. To simplify on-page SEO, marketers often use SEO software for agencies.
Project management is a major part of every SEO professional’s job. SEO professionals must manage every SEO project from concept to completion. This means coming up with a strategy, assigning tasks to the appropriate parties, setting deadlines, checking the quality of the team’s work, and ensuring everything is completed on time.
SEO software makes it easier for marketers to juggle all of these tasks. Regardless of whether a marketer works with one client or one hundred, SEO software can help them effectively manage all of their projects.
What Are the Benefits of Using SEO Software for Agencies?
There are endless benefits to using SEO software for agencies, including:
- Saves time. It can take hours–sometimes even days–to perform certain SEO tasks manually. However, you can complete these time-consuming tasks in minutes using the right SEO tools.
- Reduces errors. SEO tools can automate many of the manual, time-consuming tasks involved in SEO. Automating these tasks can reduce errors.
- Focus on complex tasks. Automating manual, time-consuming SEO tasks will free up your team’s time so they can focus on more complex tasks that require their full attention.
- Organizes SEO efforts. SEO software allows you to manage all of your SEO tasks in one place. This ensures that all projects are accounted for and nothing falls through the cracks.
- Reduces the cost of labor. Since each member of your team will be able to take on more work, you may not need to hire additional employees to handle the workload.
- Serves as a hub for communication. Your team can use SEO software to communicate with one another about specific projects or tasks. This centralizes your team’s communications so they won’t need to dig through their inbox or instant messages to find the information they need.
- Allows your team to use one tool. Your team won’t need to switch back and forth between multiple programs or spreadsheets to manage their SEO efforts. Now, all of their work can be completed within one tool.
- Gives you an opportunity to grow your business. Using SEO tools to streamline your SEO efforts gives you an opportunity to grow your business. You can take on additional clients without worrying about how your team will handle the increased volume of work.
Does Your Company Need SEO Software?
Most marketing agencies can benefit greatly from using SEO software. However, some marketers may be hesitant to invest in software that they aren’t sure they need. If you’re on the fence, here’s how to determine if your company actually needs SEO software:
- Is SEO software part of my budget? You will need to pay either a one-time fee or a monthly subscription fee for SEO software. The costs can vary, so make sure you know how much you can afford to pay before choosing a tool for your team.
- Is my team performing SEO tasks? If your team isn’t offering SEO services, you may not need SEO software. However, if your team is currently performing SEO tasks manually or using an ineffective tool, the right SEO software can help.
- Is my team on board with using SEO software? Talk to your team to find out whether they would be interested in using SEO software. If you’re going to invest in a tool, it’s important to get everyone on board with using it.
- How much do I know about SEO? You don’t need to be an SEO expert to utilize SEO software. In fact, most tools are designed for SEO beginners. Using these tools can help you learn more about SEO, identify new opportunities for your clients, and achieve better results.
What to Look for When Choosing SEO Software
There are many different SEO tools out there, which makes finding the right one for your agency rather difficult. Here’s what you should look for when searching for the best SEO software for your agency:
- Simple interface: People of all skill levels should be able to understand how to use the SEO tool you choose for your agency. Look for a tool with a simple, user-friendly interface.
- Assists with all SEO tasks: Some software is designed to assist with specific SEO tasks such as keyword research or site audits. However, it’s best to find SEO software that can help you manage all of your SEO tasks so you don’t need to pay for multiple tools.
- Reliable data: Data plays an important role in SEO campaigns. Because of this, it’s crucial to choose SEO software that provides reliable data. Look for a tool that extracts data from a trusted source such as Google Analytics.
- Integrations: Choose a tool that integrates with all of the third party tools you currently use such as Gmail, Dropbox, and Google Calendar. This way, you won’t need to keep multiple windows open on your computer to perform your job duties.
- Easy-to-read reports: The best SEO tools are designed with reports that are easy for your team and your clients to read and interpret.
- No limits on the number of sites you can track: If you want to grow your business, it’s important to look for a tool that does not limit the number of sites you can track. This way, you can acquire as many new clients as you can get without worrying about whether your tool can handle the work.
Most SEO tools offer free trials for new clients. The best way to find out which tool is right for your agency is to take advantage of these free trials. Invite your team to use each tool during the trial period so they can provide feedback on how it works.
What is the Best SEO Software for Agencies?
Your search for the best SEO software for agencies is over. Gryffin is the only SEO software that was built by digital marketers for digital marketers. It is designed with all of the features that digital marketers need to effectively create, implement, and manage their SEO campaigns, including:
- Easy-to-read dashboard
- Customizable templates
- Automated workflows
- Drag-and-drop editorial calendar builder
- Blogger outreach
- Analytics dashboard
- Customizable reporting
- Client interface
- Invoicing/billing management
- Third party integrations (Google Search Console, Google Analytics, SEMRush, Gmail and more)
Use Gryffin to grow, measure, optimize, and automate your marketing and SEO efforts. Start your free trial today.